Tips on How to Remove Stains from Carpets
When your carpet gets stained, you have to clean it as soon as possible because the longer the stain stays there the more difficult it will become to clean the dirt. Here are some useful tips on how to remove stains and keep your carpet sparkling:
Firstly, I will tell you how to avoid potential stains and the easiest way to do this is to vacuum regularly. This is because, when you vacuum regularly, you reduce the chances of oil stains sticking as well as reduce the chances of dust accumulating on your carpet. By vacuuming regularly, you keep your carpet clean, fresher and shinier.
Secondly, it is important to know the type of carpet you own as this will help you decide on what category of cleaners to hire. Remember that carpets have different reactions to various types of cleaning solvents, so be sure to pick out the right one. Having this knowledge will help you prevent your carpet from fading.
Another thing to remember is that, you should not pour large quantities of your cleaning solvents on the stain. Just a little will do the trick. Remember that no matter what, you should never rub the spot because this only pushes the stain deeper into the carpet.
Keep in mind that, you don’t have to call a professional cleaner at all times. There exist some home remedies that can save you both time and money. Lemon juice is one of them; spread some on the stain, let it sink in and then dab it with a paper tower.
One more important remedy is water and vinegar. Mix equal quantities of water and vinegar and pour on the stain. After the solution has been absorbed by the carpet, dab the stain with a sponge in circular motion. Then clean the spot with warm water and dab with a white paper towel.
The mixture of ammonia and water also constitutes an excellent cleaning agent. Mix half a cup of water with a tablespoon of ammonia in as spray bottle and then spray some of the solution on the spot. With a white towel, press in the solution, but do not mix over drench it as you should avoid wetting the carpet’s padding.
Another homemade solution is mixing a half a tablespoon of your regular dish soap with a quarter cup of water in a spray bottle. Spray some of the solution on the stained area and dab it dry with a white paper towel. Take note not to use soap that contains bleaching agents.
- Make Your Carpets Beautiful and Save You Money Too with These Carpet Cleaning Tips!
- Carpet Cleaning - Spot and Spill Removal Guide
- How To Rent Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines
- How To Effectively Rid Your Carpet Of Dust
- How to clean your wool carpets
- Problems Faced When Cleaning Carpets
- Tips on How to Remove Stains from Carpets
- Simple Ways To Keep Your Carpets Clean
- Tips On How To Get Rid Of Carpet Stains
- Useful Carpet Cleaning Tips
- How important is a Professional Carpet Cleaning Company?
- Give Your Home a Fresher Look by Cleaning Your Carpets
- Three Tips on Deep Carpet Cleaning
- Get Rid Of Dog Pee on Your Carpet
- Tips for keeping your carpet clean and beautiful
- Do you know about ‘Encapsulation cleanup’ of carpet?
- Most excellent product for carpet cleanup during your pregnancy
- Tips to clean blood stain off your carpet
- Top Methods of Removing Difficult Spots & Stain off your Carpets
- Get Rid of Stinking Cat Urine from your Beautiful Carpets
- Tips for Shampooing your Carpet
- Measuring the effectiveness of steam cleaning devices
- Steam Cleaning – A Powerful Cleansing Method
- Useful Techniques for Busy Individuals
- Services offered by a professional cleaning company
- Guidelines for hiring a Proficient Company for Janitorial Cleaning and Maintenance
- Why is the cleanup of your house essential?
- Carpet Cleaning & Its Rules
- Carpet Cleaning – A Profitable Business
- Carpet Cleaning & its Methods
- Carpet Stains & their elimination
- Ways to Clean & Maintain Expensive Carpets
- The necessity of professional carpet cleaning
- Keeping Your Office Clean: At Home